Professional Affiliations and Memberships
Professional organizations enhance personal and professional development and provide endless networking opportunities. Participating in courses, seminars and/or lectures to keep Educational Advocates up to date on the latest Special Education innovations, best practices, and research is very important . Associations sponsor numerous events throughout the year that allow us to connect with our peers. This is an opportunity to share ideas, ask for advice, and volunteer to be a speaker or become a member of a committee. Participating in forums, chat groups or discussion boards sponsored by an association is also a great way to grow our network.
- N.A.P.S.E.A./ National Association for Professional Special Education Advocates
- COPAA /Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates
- NSEAI/ National Special Education Advocacy Institute
- NAMI/ National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Tourette Syndrome Association
- NEDA/ National Eating Disorders Association