Code of Ethics
North County Educational Advocates/iepnc Code of Ethics
- Maintain professional decorum during all interactions with relevant parties.
- Utilize information and documentation to support appropriate program needed by student.
- Maintain confidentiality of client's personally identifiable information and records.
- Determine when the case is beyond the scope of your abilities and make appropriate referrals.
- Assist parent and student with understanding of the special education process to enable them to strengthen their own self advocacy skills.
- Ensure that there is a clear service agreement outlining both the advocate's and the parent's responsibilities, including fees for services.
- Disseminate any conflict of interests that would interfere with your ability to fully advocate for the student.
- Maintain required financial business records.
- Continually seek out professional development opportunities and attend relevant trainings, conferences and college courses to increase your own knowledge and skills.
- Do not discriminate against anyone on the basis of race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, nationality, or disability.